From Blender for Architecture
- See Materials
- Laurent Antoine "Lemog" offers some, if not the best, tileable textures for free, most of them related to architecture, 512x512 pixels, beautifully tileable. A few bigger textures (1600x1200) are available if you register but these aren't tileable and their usefulness vary. Skies are great.
- http://www.cgtextures.com/ Free textures even for inclusion in commercial 3d models
- http://www.blender3d.ch/frozenmist/ Textures under CC license
- http://cemoi2005.free.fr/gallerie/category.php?cat=23 ou http://matlane2000.free.fr/images/textures%20bois/ Wood textures under LAL license
- http://mayang.com/textures/ A very good collection of 1600x1200px texture images, not tileable, free even for commercial use
- http://www.1000skies.com/ A well-known site for panoramic skies. Hi-res images for purchase only, but good enough low-res versions are availible for download. License unclear, though.
- http://www.paris-360.com/ Many very nice panoramic pictures of Paris, excellent for doing image-lighting on your scenes (with yafray or another ray-tracing engine)